Saturday 21 July 2012

Shutterbug Meet up

As I walk out the door yesterday, my charming husband says "Bye Geek".. and I will admit, I felt like one. At Mt Albert Memorial Hall hundreds of beautiful orchids awaited me and a group of strangers who have a very similiar interest- photography. So after the general public left we were allowed free rein in the hall but with only one rule- to not move any flowers. I was an obvious novice who couldnt even work her bloody tripod properly! so to vent, I traipsed up to a secluded area and swore lots under my breathe. My camera and tripod wasnt cooperating, but infact I just needed to stop being so tense and just start to enjoy the experience- and ask for help! so I asked a lady but she to was a novice and had no clue ( which made me feel ten times better!) and pointed me in the direction of a pro who was wonderful!
He showed me how to:
* operate my tripod effectively
* how much space is needed away from a subject due to lens size
* I learnt my diffuser is valuable& other tricks if I didnt have one
* Learn from others and have a point of difference ( most people shot straight on and not at angles).
*Learnt about relationships of the magic triangle and to push my camera to what it can handle in low light.

So happy... even if I am a geek!









2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! And good on you for finding the courage to ask for some help :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete